Concerning my stories and poems on this blog and any of my other blogs.

******* All poems and stories marked with my name are exclusively mine. *******
*******Please DO NOT copy or distribute ANY of them without my express permission.*******

Saturday, July 26, 2008

My Room

My Room (published 1996 By Majestic Books) by Abigail R. Zacharias {LoCascio}

Mother says, "Your room's a mess,
Here's a slipper - there's a dress,
A stack of books, a teddy bear,
Your sweatshirt draped across the chair.
There's a pair of purple socks
Stuffed into the Kleenex box.
Your dirty clothes in a heap-
Oh my! It must be four feet deep!
A faded poster on the door,
An old dog biscuit on the floor.
And too, I think the family cat
Chewed the flowers off your hat.
I see your homework 'neath your shoe-
Is that the paper that's past due?
I think you;d better start today,
And get this stuff all put away!"
But I look around and it's plain to me,
That things are where they ought to be.

No comments: