Concerning my stories and poems on this blog and any of my other blogs.

******* All poems and stories marked with my name are exclusively mine. *******
*******Please DO NOT copy or distribute ANY of them without my express permission.*******

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Lost Love

Lost Love (03/07/2003) by Abigail R. Zacharias (LoCascio)

Tell me what do you think of
when you think of lost love?

Of sonnets, and bonnets,
and fancies galore,
beseeches,
knee breeches,
a waltz 'round the floor?

Of bees and of honey,
something privately funny,
a grand sunny day,
in the third week of May?

Or maybe a rowboat,
a sloppy old snow coat,
a big bass bassoon,
or a flat red balloon.

But whatever you think of
when you think of lost love,
don't feel to low,
for new love can grow
when you least expect it.
So don't reject it.

Let new love be found!
Let happiness abound!
That's what to think of,
when you think of lost love.

No comments: