Concerning my stories and poems on this blog and any of my other blogs.

******* All poems and stories marked with my name are exclusively mine. *******
*******Please DO NOT copy or distribute ANY of them without my express permission.*******

Saturday, March 12, 2016

A Poem for Micky

A Poem for Micky. 3/12/16

By Abigail R LoCascio

There is a girl, I love her face.

In my heart she has a place.

When she leaves I'll miss her so.

I wish she didn't have to go.

She loves Jehovah with all her heart.

Her parents gave her an excellent start.

At every meeting without fail,

She filches my necklace and off she'll sail.

I know she's sad to leave her friends,

But, then, true friendship never ends.

She'll leave us all behind and go

To make new friends, and she'll show

Them her sweet whacky self.

Her old friends placed upon the shelf.

But one day soon, if we all strive,

We'll be in paradise, strong and alive.

And we won't have to say goodbyes.

Or miss each other as tears we cry.

I know my "Gurly" whose face I love

Will worship our dear God above.

No matter where she has to live,

All of her heart she'll always give.

I know she's able to be strong.

We'll see each other before too long.

Whatever pathway she might pave

I know my "Gurly" will be brave.

Forever in my heart a place.

Forever I will love her face.

No comments: