Concerning my stories and poems on this blog and any of my other blogs.

******* All poems and stories marked with my name are exclusively mine. *******
*******Please DO NOT copy or distribute ANY of them without my express permission.*******

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Papa

 

Papa was a simple man who cared for others all his life
He found a sweet and simple gal who soon became his wife
They took him off to prison because he wouldn't fight
But the trials that he faced there did not destroy his light
While he was there her Mama died, the news so very sad
And the family home burned down; they lost everything they had
But he loved his wife, he loved his God, and so he kept right on
And when he walked home from the bus, he ran into her arms
A few years later, going home one day, they were in a crash
His muscles and her bones were very torn and smashed
She was dead and he was gonna be was the news that day
But then they found she was alive; she hadn't slipped away
The two of them took time to heal and soon they bought a house
This simple and sweet loving man and his wife "The Mouse"
Then one day to their surprise they got some shocking news
That they would soon be three instead of only two
I came into their world on a cold, January morn
A gift from Jah they always said when I asked how I was born
They raised me and they taught me so many wonderful things
How to live and serve our God and all the joy that brings
Now that he's gone and I reflect upon our time together
I wish I'd had more time here now to get to know him better
But thanks to our God that he taught me about I'll get a chance one day
To hug him and to thank him and to finally say
I love you Papa I always have, and thanks for being my dad
You and Ma were the best parents that I ever could've had

7/17/2010

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can see all the heart felt emotions that went into that. Your Papa would be proud of his daughter.

ARLo said...

Thank you Shelly This was hard to write but necessary.

Unknown said...

I love this so much Abby! There's so much back story to things about you I didn't know. It seems to be cathartic. I can't wait to meet your Papa, and see you three back together again. It won't be to much longer now.... 😘